Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Add This Not So Well Known Enhancement To Your HDR Workflow

002 Jun 2013, camera RAW tips by Barry Chignell

I recently watched a Photoshop video tutorial by Bryan O’Neil Hughes. One of the tips given during the video was of a little known setting in Camera RAW. This one setting has changed my HDR workflow and allowed me to enhance my photos with much more precision.

Camera RAW is normally used to open RAW format files and allows you to adjust pretty much every aspect of your image. Until recently I (and most others apparently) assumed that you could not use Camera RAW for other file types, such as TIFF and even JPEG, but you can!

Within Photoshop select ‘Edit’ and then ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Camera RAW’ from the menu at the top of the screen, this will open the below window (I use CS6):

View the Original article


Tagged: Enhancement, Known, Workflow