Showing posts with label Misconduct. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Misconduct. Show all posts

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Connecticut Archdiocese Sues Insurer Over Misconduct Payments

November 28, 2012Email ThisPrintNewslettersTweetArticleComments

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hartford, Connecticut, says its insurer has failed to cover more than $1 million the archdiocese paid out in recent years to settle four sexual misconduct cases involving priests.

The archdiocese filed a federal lawsuit last week against Interstate Fire and Casualty Company of Chicago. The lawsuit says the insurer was supposed to reimburse claims that exceed $200,000, but has failed or refused to make payments to the archdiocese.

An attorney for the archdiocese says the insurer owes the archdiocese more than $1 million.

A spokeswoman says the insurer doesn’t comment on pending lawsuits.

 

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Email ThisPrintNewslettersTweetCategories: East NewsTopics: Interstate Fire and Casualty Company of Chicago, lawsuit, priest sexual abuse, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of HartfordHave a hot lead? Email us at newsdesk

View the Original article